All goods sold by Forestwest Pty Ltd will carry a minimum one-year warranty on all products used for private household use from the date of purchase (unless noted otherwise). The use of products for commercial purposes qualifies the purchaser to a 3 month warranty period.
Forestwest Pty Ltd will warrant products against faulty workmanship or defective materials. You can lodge a claim under this Warranty and any apparent fault, except for calibration, can be assessed by Forestwest Pty Ltd within the Warranty Period covered for the product purchased by you provided that you meet the following conditions:
- All warranties are on a Part Only basis.
- The product is of merchantable quality and was used in a good working environment.
- You must produce the original invoice or other proof of purchase document disclosing the purchase date.
- All costs of return postage, transport and freight to and from Forestwest Pty Ltd are paid by the customer.
- Warranty is only given to the original owner and is not transferrable.
- The product is free from defect in material and has not been misused, adjusted or serviced by any person other than a person or organization authorized by Forestwest Pty Ltd.
This warranty does not apply to any part, which in the option of Forestwest Pty Ltd was defective because of improper maintenance, improper assembly, alterations, abuse, negligence or accident.
What is not covered in this warranty:
- Installation of non-Forestwest Pty Ltd parts;
- Fair wear and tear;
- Damage which results from improper storage;
- Damage caused by incorrect fuels or lubricants;
- Disassembly, adjusting or repairing of the vehicle in any way so as to adversely affect its safety or reliability;
- Competition or racing;
- Misusing or abusing the product or any of the accessories included within the kit;
- Failure to service and maintain the unit at regular intervals;
- Parts purchases, consumable components, and accessories [such as chains, carry bags, batteries, hoses, grinding discs, mats, nets, belts, cables, stands, wheels, blades, tubs, safety gear etc.]
- Repairing or carrying out work on the product by any person other than a person or organization authorized by Forestwest PTY LTD.
How to claim warranty:
- Contact Forestwest Pty Ltd;
- Original invoice;
- Take clear pictures or videos showing the defected or broken parts;
- If it is a genuine warranty claim, Forestwest Pty Ltd will replace the parts;
- If the pictures and videos cannot show the defect clearly, then the machine needs to be returned to Forestwest at buyer's expenses, the machine will be checked at Forestwest.
- If there is a defect, the machine will be fixed and the freight cost will be refunded back to the buyer. Forestwest will be responsible for the freight returned to the buyer. If there is no defect or fault identified, then the buyer will be responsible for the return freight.
Please note: It is the owners' responsibility to ensure that all nuts and bolts are tight and chain and cable adjustments are correct. If you are unsure about any aspects of this warranty please contact Forestwest Pty Ltd.